ATTORNEY AT LAW
Scott’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on business disputes, professional liability, and insurance coverage.
Scott began his practice in 1994 and has broad experience representing businesses involved in complex commercial litigation. Scott has represented plaintiffs and defendants in contract, product liability, and employment cases. In addition, he advises law firms on potential professional liability matters and defends firms against claims of legal malpractice. Scott also has extensive experience representing governmental entities in complex construction defect and product liability litigation. Scott has broad experience in the private school setting and has been providing advice and counsel to area private schools for years. Scott’s skills have been recognized by his peers in his selection as one of Thomson Reuters’ Rising Stars in 2006.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 1994
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. in Economics - 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, pro hac vice
- Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, Texas Rising Star
- Representing international hotel chain in development dispute relating to property on San Antonio River Walk.
- Representing multinational corporation in breach of contract dispute with authorized fabricator/distributor.
- Representing credit union in action to recover funds misappropriated by former employee.
- Representing international law firm in defense of legal malpractice claim relating to patent drafting and subsequent infringement suits.
- Representing pharmaceutical company against claims made in class action for product defect.
- Representing oilfield service company in dispute with former employee.
- Representing California municipalities and water districts for damages caused by defective water pipe.
- Representing water pump supplier in action breach of contract against installer.
- Representing numerous insureds against claims based on product defect.
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Boerne ISD Mentor Program