ATTORNEY AT LAW
Troy Glander was born in 1970. He has lived in San Antonio, Texas since moving here to attend law school in 1993. During his 20 year career as a trial attorney, his cases have included a wide variety of areas such as insurance defense, employment law, construction law, deceptive trade practices, shareholder disputes, business torts, trade secret, personal injury, patent disputes, and both simple and complex contract disputes.
Mr. Glander started with the law firm of Davis, Cedillo & Mendoza, Inc in San Antonio, Texas after graduating from St. Mary's University School of Law, and became a Shareholder in 2004. He, along with Alex Nava, left Davis, Cedillo & Mendoza, Inc. at the end of 2011 to create ANG (now doing business as A Nava & Glander Law Firm) and open their doors to the public January 1, 2012.
Over the course of his career, he has handled cases throughout the United States. He has played a significant role in numerous lawsuits involving any where from $100,000 to over $1 Billion and has had significant first and second chair trial experience with over a dozen first-chair cases tried to a judgement. His practice now focuses on aggressively pursuing large exposure property/facilities and personal injury claims for companies (including a leading fortune 500 company) and individuals.
Mr. Glander received a B.B.A, from the University of Texas at Austin in 1992, majoring in Finance. He is admitted to practice in the state of Texas and is admitted in the Western, Southern, and Northern U.S. Federal District Courts of Texas. Mr. Glander is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Texas Bar Foundation (Fellow), State Bar of Texas, San Antonio Bar Associations, and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel. From 2007 through 2011 he served as a Director of the Texas Association of Defense Counsel and during that time held positions as Area Director and Regional Vice President.
He was recognized by Texas Monthly as a "Rising Star" in the legal profession in 2006 and starting in 2012 and every year since then he has been recognized as a "Top Lawyer" in the S A Scene, a "Top Attorney in Texas" by Texas Monhtly, and "Super Lawyer" by Texas monthly (a recognition earned by less than 2.5% of lawyers).
He also has been honored by his clients including his receipt of the "Peacemaker" award by Brown & Brown in 2006 and 2008 and the "In the Trenches" award by AT&T in 2014.
Outside of the law profession, Mr. Glander helped start up Third Coast Bank, SSB (a state savings bank based out of Humble, Texas) in 2008 and he has been a Director of that organization since then. He has helped to guide the bank to grow approximately $15 M in start-up capital into over $750M in assets and offices in Humble, Houston, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Dallas, Plano, and Ft. Worth. Since the bank's inception, he has served as the Chair of the Compensation Committee and he now also serves as Chair of the Audit Committee.
Mr. Glander has also been actively involved in the Texas Exes (the ex-Student's Association of the University of Texas) where he served as a Director of the organization and Chair of the Chapter Advisory Board from 2007 through 2009. Moreover, from 2001 through 2006 he served in various capacities (including, ultimately, President) for the San Antonio Chapter of the organization. He has served as a Director of the San Antonio Longhorn Foundation from 2001 to the present and served as the President of that organization in 2008. In his free time Mr. Glander enjoys spending time with his wife and their two children.
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1992
- Major: Finance
- International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer
- SA Scene Top Lawyer
- Brown & Brown Peacemaker Award (2006 & 2008)
- AT&T In The Trenches Award (2014 & 2018)
- San Antonio Longhorn of the Year (2006 & 2015)
- Texas Monthly Rising Star
Classes & Seminars
- TADC Trial Academy, Co-Chair and Faculty Instructor, March 2014
- TADC Trial Academy, Co-Chair and Faculty Instructor, April 2009
- Jury Selection The Truth of the Matter, San Antonio Texas Business Network, September 2007
- Advanced Strategies in Preparing Settlement Agreements, 6th Annual Civil Trial Conference of South Texas college of Law, January 1998
- Third Coast Bank - Director
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Associations, Present
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel , Director , 2007 to 2011
- San Antonio Longhorn Foundation, Director, Past -President
- Third Coast Bank, Director, Chairman of Compensation Committee, Chairman of Audit Committee
- Summerglen Property Owners Association, Past-Director, Past-Treasurer